Now that we’re into this new year, it’s time to start putting those fitness goals into action! But let’s be real, how many times have you set a goal to “lose weight” or “get in shape” and then found yourself losing motivation just a few weeks in? Most times goals are not achieved because they are not specific, realistic, or do not have a set duration or deadline.
For more information about fitness goal setting, you can refer to my previous blog, which discussed the importance of setting SMART goals to help you achieve success. If you missed this one, check it out and get on it here!
This year let’s focus on developing specific, realistic, and time-focused goals that will keep you motivated and excited to crush them. For this blog, we’re going to review your fitness goals by comparing them with some general goals most of us have. Then I’ve organized each of these common fitness goals with specific workouts that are available at your fingertips which you can reference anytime! So all you need to do is choose the workouts most relevant to achieve your fitness goals.
COMMON FITNESS GOALS
Listed are a few of the most common fitness goals that most set out to achieve in the new year.
1. Increase Strength: Whether it’s through weightlifting, bodyweight exercises, or resistance training, setting a goal to increase your overall strength will not only make you feel powerful, but will also improve your overall health and fitness.
2. Lose Weight: Cardiovascular health is important for overall health, and setting a goal to improve yours through activities such as running, cycling, swimming, or circuit training workouts can have a big impact.
3. Add Muscle Mass: Gaining muscle mass not only improves your overall body composition, but it can also increase your metabolism and overall strength.
4. Improve flexibility: Incorporating stretching and yoga into your routine can not only improve your flexibility, but also reduce your risk of injury and improve your posture.
5. Improve Athletic Performance: Whether you play a sport or are a weekend warrior, you can train like an athlete to improve your overall performance. Benefits include increasing strength, endurance, flexibility, balance, coordination, speed, power, agility, self-confidence, and better overall health.
6. Learn New Skills: Whether it’s a new exercise, dance, or sport, learning something new can keep your workouts interesting and enjoyable.
7. Improve Mobility, Stability, Balance & Coordination: Incorporating exercises that challenge your mobility and stability will contribute to enhancing your balance and coordination skills. Plus, improving these skills will also make your other workouts more effective.
8. Incorporate Variety into Your Routine: Doing the same thing every day can get boring. Mixing it up with different types of exercise and activities can keep things interesting and challenges different muscle groups.
After reviewing the common goals most of us have in fitness, are there any that resonate with you? List them then let’s put this into action! No dragging your feet and pushing it off until next week! Let’s get you motivated to start now!
TOTAL GYM WORKOUTS FOR YOUR FITNESS GOALS
Below you will find each common fitness goal along with some of my favorite workouts from previous Total Gym blogs. I’ve grouped them into a “goal category” from the list above so that you can determine what goal resonates with you and provided the blog link so it’s simple to find. These Total Gym workouts are ones that could “FIT” into a specific fitness goal that you may want to strive for in 2023.
#1 GOAL: INCREASE STRENGTH
BEGINNERS GUIDE TO BUILD MUSCULAR STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, AND GET FIT ON YOUR TOTAL GYM:
PART 1: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/beginners-guide-to-build-muscular-strength-endurance-and-get-fit-on-your-total-gym-part-1
PART 2: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/beginners-guide-to-build-muscular-strength-endurance-and-get-fit-on-your-total-gym-part-2
JUST COREGEOUS: PERFECT PLANK & CRUNCH COMBO
THE “GO TO” TOTAL GYM WORKOUT
#2 GOAL: LOSE WEIGHT
LOSE A DRESS SIZE IN 4-WEEKS
WEEK 1: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/lose-a-dress-size-in-4-weeks-wk1
WEEK 2: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/lose-a-dress-size-in-4-weeks-wk2
WEEK 3: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/lose-dress-size-4-weeks-week-3
WEEK 4: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/lose-dress-size-4-weeks-week-4
TOTAL GYM 4-WEEK SUMMER BODY CHALLENGE
WEEK 1: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/total-gym-4-week-summer-body-challenge-week-1
WEEK 2: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/total-gym-4-week-summer-body-challenge-week-2
WEEK 3: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/total-gym-4-week-summer-body-challenge-week-3
WEEK 4: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/total-gym-4-week-summer-body-challenge-week-4
#3 GOAL: ADD MUSCLE MASS
BULLET PROOF PLAN FOR A STRONGER YOU
PART 1: LEGS
PART 2: UPPER BODY
PART 3: CORE
PART 4: TOTAL BODY CARDIO STRENGTH
PART 5: TOTAL BODY ACTIVE STRETCH
#4 GOAL: IMPROVE FLEXIBILITY
YOGA MOVES TO DO EVERY DAY ON YOUR TOTAL GYM
PART 1: BENEFITS OF SLOWER PILATES WORKOUTS
PART 2: BENEFITS OF SLOWER STRENGTH WORKOUTS
PART 3: BENEFITS OF SLOWER RECOVERY WORKOUTS
#5 GOAL: IMPROVE ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
(These skills transfer into all sports!)
EXERCISES TO BUILD POWER AND SPEED FOR WINTER SPORTS
TOTAL GYM LATERAL MOVES TO SKI YOUR BEST
FOOTBALL CONDITIONING: STRENGTH, POWER, ENDURANCE
PART 1 STRENGTH
PART 2 POWER
PART 3 ENDURANCE
#6 GOAL: LEARN NEW SKILLS
HOW TO TAKE YOUR WORKOUT ON AN ADVENTURE
PART 1: POOLSIDE OR BEACH
PART 2: TRAILS OR PARK
NINJA WARRIOR TRAINING ON YOUR TOTAL GYM
#7 GOAL: IMPROVE MOBILITY, STABILITY, BALANCE, & COORDINATION
STRENGTHEN YOUR HIPS USING THE LEG PULLEY ACCESSORY
#8 GOAL: INCORPORATE VARIETY INTO ROUTINE (Pilates)
READY, SET, GLOW LEAN LINES WORKOUT SERIES
PART 1: BASIC PILATES MOVEMENTS
PART 2: INTERMEDIATE PILATES MOVEMENTS
PART 3: ADVANCED PILATES MOVEMENTS
These blog workouts require you to learn and perform the routine on your own. If you’re looking for more than the ones I’ve selected, there’s many more workouts to choose from. You can always check them out on the Total Gym Direct website by scrolling all the way to the bottom and hitting the BLOG tab. If a “follow along workout” is more your speed, the TGTV On Demand may be a great option for you!
The important thing is that you have fun, enjoy the process and be patient with yourself. Consistency is key and before you know it, you’ll be on your way to crushing those goals.
The post Achieve Your Goals with Total Gym: Best Workouts for your Specific Goals appeared first on Total Gym Pulse.