Remix your workouts with movements that keep your muscles heated and your routine fresh for the summer with a 3-part Summer Remix Series! It’s a perfect way to add variety to your routine and get your body in shape for the summer!
If your not a cardio fan, you will love this circuit because it’s a quick and efficient way to do your cardio drills. You will not only feel stronger, but you will also rev up your metabolism leaving you feeling trim and toned!
If you’re just jumping into this “remix” workout party, be sure to check out Part-1 of the series: Strength + Balance to get start from the top!
ESSENTIAL FITNESS COMPONENTS
Workouts should always be performed with a goal in mind. Whether your focus is to develop strength, tone up, slim down, or improve your movement skills, performing a well balanced routine (which often times needs a mix-up) helps your body achieve incredible results.
The three essential workout components highlighted in Part-2 of the series includes: cardiovascular training, strength exercises, and core workouts. To keep your muscles challenged and fresh for the summer season, we are “remixing” movements together. Before we dive into the workout, let’s explore how each component contributes to your overall fitness and why they should be part of your summer routine.
1. Cardiovascular Training: Performing aerobic exercises like walking/ jogging, cycling, or using the Total Gym for bursts of cardio will get your heart pumping and your blood flowing. Not only does it improve your cardiovascular health, but it also enhances your endurance, burns calories, and boosts your mood.
2. Strength Exercises: Strength training is vital for building lean muscle mass, toning your body, and increasing your metabolism. By incorporating Total Gym exercises, you’ll develop stronger muscles, improve your posture, and even enhance bone density.
3. Core Training: A strong core is the foundation for overall strength and stability. Engaging in core exercises not only helps you achieve a sexy midline, but it also improves your balance, reduces the risk of injury, and supports proper posture.
Get ready to maximize your time, increase your heart rate, and train your powerhouse (your core)!
WORKOUT #2: CARDIO + CORE REMIXED
This workout includes intervals of powerful plyometric drills followed by a super set of core exercises on your Total Gym. The workout flows from higher intensity (cardio drills) to lower intensity (core moves) as an active recovery without missing a beat!
Set Up: Squat Stand attached, medium- high level suggested (adjust to your fitness level)
• Set a timer or timer APP.
• Perform the exercises in the order listed in circuit format, taking little to no rest in between.
• Perform 60-90 seconds (each side), then move on to the next exercise taking little to no rest in between.
• Complete as many rounds as your time permits.
• Once you’ve learned this routine, “remix” them together with Part-1, Strength + Balance, for a cardio-strength challenge!
Focus: all the following exercises focus on increasing the heart rate, boosts energy, and challenges the core.
1. Star Jumps + Crunch Rocks
• Lye supine on the glide board with the feet placed on the squat stand.
• Begin by performing a few squats to train the motion, then start to hop while landing softly.
• In mid air, open the legs into a “star” jack. (This is a quick motion.)
• Land with feet parallel on the squat stand and repeat the drill for the set time.
• Once completed, transition into the core movement.
• “Rock” the glide board (open and close GB) while simultaneously crunching. (The glide board moves up as you crush up.)
• Keep the feet positioned on the squat stand during the exercise. The moving glide board keeps you lower back in a safe, imprinted position on the crunch.
2. Single Leg Kicks + Oblique Kick & Crunch
Single Leg Kicks:
• Same starting position as above (supine on glide board)
• Extend one leg over the squat stand and begin to perform a single leg hop.
• When you hop, kick the extended leg towards your head in mid air, land softly and repeat.
• Once complete, transition into the core movement.
Oblique Kick & Crunch:
• Keep one foot on the glide board with the kicking leg still extended.
• Perform an oblique crunch, diagonally lifting the torso aiming the shoulder to the opposite extended leg.
• Perform for the desired time or reps
REPEAT the whole combo on each side.
3. Pendulum Hops + Plank Pulls
• Remain in the same supine position as the previous movements. (adjust your hips to the bottom of the GB if they happened to shift).
• Extend one leg to the side of the squat stand.
• Perform a single leg squat hop and when in mid air, change the landing leg.
• Repeat this alternating single leg hopping motion, increasing your “hang time” in the air.
• Be sure to land softly and control your core.
• Once complete, transition into the core movement.
• Facing the vertical column, open the GB, place the feet together on the bottom rails, and assume a plank position with arms extended.
• Maintain the plank position with the body elongated from the head to heals.
• Move only from the shoulders to slightly open and close the GB. Range of motion will depend on your shoulder strength and stability.
• Move slowly with control and utilize the breathe each rep.
REPEAT the remix for as many rounds as your time permits!
Check out the video demonstration to learn how to perform these cardio + core exercises on your Total Gym.
Stay tuned for Part 3, remixed combos of Mobility + Flexibility movements that tests your balance, core stability, and strengthen while elongating your muscles!
The post Remix Your Summer Fitness Routine with this Total Gym Series – part 2 appeared first on Total Gym Pulse.